Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Class Critique



I read one of my classmates blog on Presidential candidate Mitt Romney and how he should not be penalized for his religion. I agree with her on that. He is an excellent leader and has remarkable credentials on his resume. Some of them are absolutely astoundin and have much merit. Yet I disagree with her that Mormonism is the new Catholic. I'm sorry Rebecca, in Moving Off but that is not the case. Catholics and Prostestants have found similar ground on many issues and to be honest one of them is deep theological errors with Mormonism. If Mormonism was the new Catholicism Mitt's dad, George, would of had an easier time winning the 1968 Presidential Election especially since it was after JFK, your Catholic comparison. This country is not quite ready for a Mormon President even if he is as qualified as Mitt Romney

No comments: